Monday, March 16, 2009

Been busy . . . .

Last week I was pretty busy at the beginning but Wednesday hit and so did yet another migraine. It lasted all day and into the night and next morning and decided that I needed to go see a doctor because I just couldn't shake it myself. Christopher called work and told them he was going to be late and we were off to our OB/GYN's office. We saw our midwife, which we love her and our doctor both and she gave me some meds and used the doppler to find the heartbeat of our little one. It took a second for her to get it, then I started crying so she lost it but found it a few minutes later. The sound was indescribable! Christopher and I were just staring at each other and couldn't believe what we were hearing, I still can't believe this is real! I'm feeling better now just tired from a long weekend at drill.

I am starting to get a baby bump that I'm not going to publish for all eyes at this point as it just looks like I ate too much and can't wait for the next stage to hit where I actually look pregnant. We have another appointment with our doctor on Thursday to have a few tests run and to measure our little one to make sure it is growing properly, and to hear the heartbeat again! YIPPIE! We also are going to set up our appointment for our gender ultrasound so I don't have to keep on referring to our baby as an "it" and our 3D/4D ultrasound too. . . so many exciting things to look forward to for the rest of our lives.

Our prayer list:
- Christopher's unplanned vacation the beginning of August (safety, safety, safety)

- Our Parents (love, guidance, open hearts, understanding, health)

- GOOD HEALTH FOR EVERYONE

- that our love for each other will continue to grow daily as we prepare for our new addition.

- Guidance with many decisions that need to be made these next few months.

- Settled hearts!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Wow! You have been busy. I will be praying for you and your family. Congrats again and can't wait until we can see the "photo-worthy" baby bump!

Wendy said...

Will be praying for you and your family. I am so excited for you to be a mom. Take care of yourself.