Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Weekend!

Mom and Dad came on Thursday to spend the weekend with us. Christopher's schedule has changed now so his days off are different but we made the best of the time that we all got to be together. Most of you know that my father can't really sit still for long because there is always something he can find to do, so many things got accomplished this weekend, even though he isn't supposed to be doing much because of his arm/neck ordeal. Dad and Christopher built me a folding table in our laundry room so I don't have to haul up the unfolded clothes and get lint everywhere, I can just fold them downstairs on my new table, sort them, them bring everything up to put away. Dad also decided that he wanted to rake the yard, help Christopher organize the garage and rip out some of the drop ceiling, all because he loves to do whatever he can to help. When he FINALLY sat down to relax, I handed him the tv remote and showed him how to do it and he was like a kid in the candy shop. While he was occupied with his action movies Mom and I took everything out of the nursery so we can do last minute touches before we get the furniture. We have a few pieces of trim to replace and some paint touch ups then I think we will be ready for our new addition! Thank goodness Mom asked about measurements on the furniture set we were looking at because that's when we discovered that the changing table/dresser combo piece was only 30 inches tall . . I'm 6 feet tall so that would mean that I will be standing on my head to change the little one's diapers! I don't think so, so the search continues....

I am starting to feel better day by day. I have been trying to eat more often and drink more water but that's not as easy as it sounds sometimes. I still continue to feel exhausted at certain points throughout the day so I just take a nap :-) I love being a stay at home wife and thank God for the opportunity DAILY! Our ultrasound is on April 24th which happens to be the day after my 30th birthday and we are so very excited!

We have drill this weekend and may find out more about when Christopher will be leaving so will keep you all posted with as much information as we can! Have an awesome week!

How far along? 16 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: up 4 lbs after a big loss!
Maternity clothes? Pants for sure and some tops
Stretch marks? War wounds you mean...not yet!
Sleep: If I have a pillow and blanket on the couch then I'm out!
Best moment this week: being able to spend some quality time with my parents!
Movement: not so sure yet.
Food cravings: Fruits and vegetables
Gender: don't know and right now, don't care either way!
Labor Signs: no way!
Belly Button in or out? same as normal
What I miss: nothing really
What I am looking forward to: belly changing and baby movement
Weekly Wisdom: Eat more often and drink more fluids
Milestones: getting energy to do something throughout the day :-)

No comments: