Friday, October 28, 2011

If only I had known . . .

We failed at "Operation Paci Be Gone" the first time in our house and knew it was time to do it NOW and boy oh boy what a chore it was!  The first few nights she screamed and cried and kicked and threw things and it took HOURS for her to finally fall asleep.  I was frustrated, tired and my heart hurt just listening to her begging for something she loved so dearly but knew that we couldn't give in.  I talked to my wise neighbor (Aunt Patty) and she said to give her a hug and kiss, tuck her in bed and walk away, don't say one word once you leave her room.  If she gets up, put her back in bed without saying a word and do it over and over and over again.  The first night we did it, she was very confused why we weren't talking to her and by the third night it seemed to get easier.  Then this magical thing came in the mail . . .
You can download music and books on it!!!  Last night she was in bed at 8:30'ish and we turned on her music, she laid there and fell right to sleep!  Not a peep!  I checked on her every time I was up with Emma to make sure she was ok and she was snoring like her Daddy!  Tonight, same thing, tucked her in, turned on her music and OUT!  You mean to tell me that is all we needed to do?  Spend a few bucks? 

If only I had known before what I know now!

No comments: