Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Ready or not . . . here she comes!

BOTH girls were wide awake before the alarm rang this morning!  We have been talking about this day for a long time so they knew it was very important!  I talked myself into being okay with my first born, the child I JUST gave birth to was heading off to Kindergarten and there was NOTHING I could do to stop the hands of time.  If I had that super power . . . . . . would I?  I don't think so.  I love my babies and wouldn't trade my job for anything on this earth BUT I am also so very excited to see what the future holds for them.  When you stop and think about it, it isn't so scary.



I held it together this morning but had to reassure Daddy that she was in safe hands and was going to do fantastic!  I worried all day that when we arrived to pick her up, that she would be bawling her eyes out but I was completely wrong!  She was smiling ear to ear but looked EXHAUSTED!  Daddy took us for ice cream right from school and she told us all about her day.  When we got home it was bath time, dinner then ready for bed.  BEFORE dinner was ready we had to scare her to keep her awake, she was so tired and just wanted to go to bed. I think it was around 6:15 that she was DONE . . . OUT and we tucked her into bed!  Our baby isn't a baby anymore.  She will be 5 on Sunday and she makes me so proud!  Today was the first day of so many years of school but she rocked today!

No comments: