Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Brick Wall?


Today was the kind of day where at times, I wanted to bang my head against a brick wall!  The girls woke up mad at the world and had broken ears all day!  Hair was pulled and toys were thrown against walls (the girls, not me)  I insisted that both take some quiet time and that turned into a SCREAMING FEST so instead of pulling my own hair out, I locked myself in my room and prayed!  I prayed for patience and a peaceful heart and reminded myself that "this too shall pass" about a million times!  I came out and they were reading a book TOGETHER!  The rest of the day wasn't AS bad but after baths it was time for bed!!!  Chris got home and one girl was on his lap while the other was on mine.  We talked about not being good for Mommy today and then they both fell asleep in our arms!  Neither of us could put them in bed right away, we sat and looked at each other and watched them sleep.  It was just one day, one day that I won't remember being upset because it really wasn't that big of a deal...things could have been MUCH worse so tonight I am thankful for these bad days to remind me that life isn't always butterflies and rainbows.  They won't be good all the time, they are young and we are ALL learning everyday.


No comments: