Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nerves!

For the first time in a months, I packed up the girls and prayed then we hit the road.  I haven't been to my parents in awhile because I have been too nervous to drive that far on my own.  Since our friend was killed a few months ago, I have found myself praying a lot and trying my best to have faith but just couldn't do it until now.  We were 10 miles from my parents, traveling 50-55 miles per hour and the truck quit running.  I put it into neutral and coasted to the side of the road and the tears began to flow.  I had to keep it together because I had to call for help and knew Chris would freak out if he answered the phone to me crying.  I called him and told him the truck wouldn't run and asked him to call my parents while I called roadside for help.  I pulled it together, made the call and waited a few minutes while entertaining the 2 happy girls in the backseat that needed to go potty and were very excited to get to Nana and Papa's.  

 As the tow truck driver loaded up "Big Red" I sat next to my Dad and lost it!  I was thankful that we weren't on a busy highway where we could have caused an accident but my mind was going crazy thinking about what could be wrong with "Big Red"  The mechanic fixed her up and she is back on the road.  I feel like I can breathe now and looking forward to our next trip "home"

No comments: