Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lessons Learned!

Been a few emotional days here for me..I prayed about walking away from something I had dedicated my life to for awhile and made the decision to leave and it was NOT an easy task but knew it had to be done.  The people I was surrounding myself with made some very selfish decisions a few months ago and I just couldn't get past it.  While I know I am not perfect and will never claim to be, I couldn't associate myself anymore.  It turned bad and many people turned on me and said some pretty horrible things to me and about me but instead of lashing out and playing the game, I prayed.  I prayed for peace and that God would wrap his hands around my mouth!

We had another situation that involved a very close friend and had to walk away from him also and THAT was also hard but again, something we knew we had  to do! 

While I sat here today, thinking too much and a little upset over things that were said, someone knocked on my door!  My girlfriend sent flowers and a note that changed EVERYTHING!  It doesn't matter anymore what people say about me because if those who are listening, believe them then they weren't true friends to begin with!  Just another lesson in life to be cautious of who I surround myself with and to always listen to my heart..NO MATTER WHAT!



No comments: