Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy Time!

Here I sit, feet up, remote beside me, both girls sleeping, full tummy with instructions to "chill" because I was pushing myself too much and was starting to feel it.  This past week has been AMAZING!  I am not going to lie and say that their haven't been moments that I felt very overwhelmed but with the rush of emotions, lack of sleep and total excitment, I am sure I am not the only one that has felt this way at times. 

Isabell is doing so good with Emma.  If she cries, she says "baby cry" or "you're alright" and just looks at her.  If I ask her if she wants to hold her sissy I usually get "no Mommy" but when she is wanting to hold her it is "hold sissy peeze" sometimes it lasts for 30 seconds, sometimes for a few minutes at a time but when she is done holding her, she is done NOW!  She touches her nose and plays with her hair but is very gentle. We do have to work on the please and thank you's as she isn't doing so well with those words right now for some reason AND her patience is a big ZERO!  When she wants something she wants it NOW so using some tough love . . . gently to work on that!

Emma was tested for 2 days for jaundice.  I noticed that the whites of her eyes were yellow and her skin was too so when we took her for her 1 week appointment, our Pediatrician sent us to the hospital for blood work.  Her biliruben levels were elevated then went down by yesterday so no worries there.  She is sleeping quite a bit, like sometimes 4 hours, sometimes 6 so I did wake her to feed her for about 24 hours just to give her those extra feedings to wash her system out but now she is back to her long stretches of sleep!!!  She is our little sweet pea!  She LOVES to be swaddled, like straight jacket tight and curls up perfectly on my chest too! 

Being a mother of 2 little girls is exciting to me, God has blessed our family in so many ways and I am very thankful for all the blessings we have in our lives.  I hope you are all enjoying life to the fullest!
DON'T BLINK!

No comments: