Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Everything is different the second time around . . .

at least for me it is!  Who was the person that said that "all pregnancies are the same" because I will slap them when I see them!  I thought I was an emotional wreck when I was pregnant with Isabell and that was to be expected because Christopher was in Iraq and I felt very alone even when I was surrounded by friends and family but this time  . . . WOWZERS!


Maybe it's different because I am trying to make sure that everything is taken care of with the house, with Isabell and trying to keep things right on schedule not knowing when baby #2 will actually receive her eviction notice!  When we put something in ink on the calendar and something gets added in between or we have to cross it out . . I feel like I am going to have a panic attack, not because I am a control freak but the "what if" has taken over me!  I woke up early today and felt like I hadn't slept a wink all night.  Before my feet even hit the ground, I started crying . . REALLY?  I don't even know what I was thinking about.  Then my husband called and the tears began to fall again, maybe it's just going to be one of those days! 

Please excuse my tears, my heavy breathing when situations get thick or if I just walk away, I am doing my best to protect the little one I have growing inside me!  I know that I have ZERO control of when she will arrive, but I am going to be as prepared as possible!

Hormones are wonderful aren't they?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there! Those hormones are normal and to be expected. Praying for His peace to cover you throughout the rest of your pregnancy. Beauty and blessing awaits you! Be patient and press on; the unknown is always the hardest space to be in, to breathe in and to rest in. Much love!