Saturday, July 16, 2011

TICK - TICK - TICK


Today is another one of those days where the clock is ticking by so fast, I wish it would just slow down!  Our "to do" list around the house is never ending and I am TRYING my best to remain calm and remind myself that we have 8 +/- weeks left until the new baby comes but the days are going by soooo fast.  Christopher is working his butt off when he comes home from work and on his days off and I can't tell you how much I appreciate my hard working husband but I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed.  Isabell leaves tomorrow for a few days to spend some time with Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Travis.  We will be painting her new room and setting up her new big girl bunkbeds while she is gone so when she comes home she will have a brand new room!  I have mixed emotions about this whole "big girl bed" thing, I know she is ready but it is still hard to see my baby growing up so fast!!  I am so very thankful that she is such a good girl, sure she tests our patience once and awhile but what 22 month old doesn't? 

I have been feeling ok lately, not 110% but had another migraine that kicked me down for a few days and recovering seems to take FOREVER!  Baby is sitting high so I just take my time doing things like running up and down the steps and chasing Isabell around because I can't breathe like I used to.  She is VERY active and that keeps my heart at ease.  We were able to see Isabell through ultrasound every week for the last 20 weeks of my pregnancy so I knew exactly how she was laying and what body part was kicking/punching me but with this one, it's fun to play the guessing game!  Christopher and I go on Monday for a growth ultrasound and we are both very excited to see how much she has changed since our 18 week appointment which seems like such a long time ago.  2 years ago at this time, we were packing Christopher up to head to Iraq.  It was at this same point in my pregnancy that he got to see Isabell for the last time through ultrasound . . . lets not get into that topic too much, my emotions are CRAZY lately!!!  Anyways, other than not having enough hours in a day, things are going wonderful here in the "Anderson Household"  I hope everything is going great for you all too.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers!


1 comment:

Rach said...

So glad to read an update, Kim. I can relate to so many of your thoughts and feelings about this transition. Will definitely be praying for you.