Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Should have invested in Lowe's!

My husband has been working so hard lately but not only at his "JOB" but also on the basement too!  We were just going to paint the basement but he decided to rip everything out and start from scratch.  We are very glad he did!  The electrical was a mess, like a scary, dangerous mess and we would have never known if he didn't rip everything out.  He knew it was going to be a ton of work, but it will be sooo worth it when he is done!  Our awesome neighbor Keith came over and rewired the electrical and put in some new lighting and electrical outlets, that took most of the day on Saturday!  While he and Chris were running new wires, my Dad was busy working on hanging drywall!  My parents came for the weekend so Dad could help out and teach Chris how to finish drywall.  They are so much alike that it's scary but awesome at the same time too!  My Mom, Isabell and I did a little shopping and hung out, it was a FANTASTIC weekend!
Chris had about 98% of the framing done before his help arrived!
This BEAUTIFUL dark red carpet is NOT staying!
The men had to haul over 20 sheets of drywall into the basement, not an easy task but they got it done!
I can't wait to have a fireplace!
My Dad LOVES teaching and Chris LOVES learning new things!
This is not staying either!
Thank you everyone for your help! 
I don't know what we would do without awesome friends and family!
Chris is downstairs working right now and he loves it!  Hasn't started sanding yet but I'm sure that even then, he won't complain!  I have been blessed without a doubt in my mind!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Oooh, a fireplace! Cool! Loving the pictures. Can't wait to see more progress and finished result.