Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pillowcase Drive!

A few months ago, I decided that I really wanted to do something special for the kids that were patients at Children's Hospital in Detroit.  After being at the hospital during Isabells surgery, I knew that a majority of the kids there need attention, they need love and especially since they will be there to celebrate Christmas, I felt I needed to start a pillowcase drive!  I reached out to a few friends and also a few strangers that I thought may be interested in donating.  When this first started, I figured I would aim to get 20 pillowcases and boy was I wrong!  We not only received adorable pillowcases but also burp cloths, bibs, stuffed animals, gift cards, ornaments, baby legs, hair bows and headbands and I couldn't wait to deliver everything to the hospital.  I called to set up a drop off time and they asked a few questions and then found out that I had to just drop off the goodies, I couldn't deliver them.  Isabell had been sick the week prior and it sounded like way too many sick people were visiting the hospital and getting the patients sick so I wasn't going to put up a fight about not being able to deliver them directly to the patients, it just kinda broke my heart!  After getting to the hospital and telling them about everything that was in the boxes I looked around at all of the other donations and know that I will start my project a lot earlier next year because they need as many donations as they can get.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and everyone of you who made a donation to help make this project a success!  I know that the kids are going to appreciate EVERYTHING!

No comments: