Wednesday, September 8, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABYGIRL!!!


A year ago I was a half a world away and could only watch on a tiny computer screen as me and Mommy got to meet you  for the first time. I was so excited and could not sleep waiting to hear from someone that you were coming. When you did get around to showing up, it was love at first sight. I was overcome staring at you and Mommy on that little screen I don't think I slept for a couple of days. I was too busy bragging about you to the fellas and enjoying "Its a Girl" cigars under the Iraqi moonlight. Since I moved around mostly at night, I would look up to the stars in the sky and say goodnight to you, Mommy and Sissy every single night, hoping you guys would be looking at the same stars thinking the same thing. I was so happy to meet you in person when I got home that I think I blew past Mommy and went straight for you (sorry honey). The time we have spent together since my return has been AWSOME! I know there was a little bit of a learning curve to overcome and I know you were used to a certain way of doing things. So I apologize for that. Daddy is very stubborn and likes to do things a little different than Mommy. Like when Daddy gets you out of bed early and we just sit and watch cartoons together on the couch and cuddle. That's ok though, it gives Mommy time to sleep a little longer. You are very lucky to have a Mommy like her. She has done a remarkable job while I was gone and has raised a very wonderful young lady so far. Daddy works hard, but Mommy works just as hard making sure you are learning the propper ways of life. You must be pretty special because you get to spend all day with her, but I get to hog you when I get home. BUT, once again I have to leave you two girls. I will only be gone a short time, but it will seem like forever because I have become so attatched to you. Do not worry. You are in great hands and before you know it I will be home and we can catch up on some cartoon watching. I LOVE YOU JUNEBUG!

2 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Chris you are one incrediable dad !
love ya bro :)
(by the way you 2 need another one, your child is so stinkin cute the next one will be the same)
Happy Birthday doodlebug cant wait to party with you on sat. xoxoxoxox

Jenn said...

awwww. what a sweet post.

LOVE this pic of Isabell and you together!

Happy Birthday Isabell!!