Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Weekend!


We were invited to attend the Marine Corps Birthday Ball this past weekend and we had such an awesome time. Our dear friend and boss Lt (Chris) and his girlfriend Lisa attended, along with Bud & Rose. Bud was Christopher's recruiter when he joined the Marine Corps many, many years ago. The event was at Cobo Hall and it was nothing like any of the Ball's I have ever attended. We spent hours getting ready and I even got my hair and make-up done for the event. At the last minute I realized that I didn't have a coat to wear so I was a little cold but that's ok. After the ball we decided to check into our hotels and then take a cab to a very nice pub. The cab was . . . . the most disgusting thing I have ever seen but at least we didn't have to walk in middle of the night, downtown Detroit! We hung out together for a few hours and when our eyes were getting too heavy, we decided to head back to our own hotels. At around 3 am my husband decided that we should order some pizza so we did, then we waited and waited for it to arrive. After our late night snack, we passed out! We got up in the morning to get ready to head to the Lions game. Hey . . the tickets were cheap and we were already down near the stadium so we went. The place felt empty since they were about 6,000 people short of selling out and it wasn't on tv so at least we could say that we went to one game this season. Can't say much about the game but once we got home we were both exhausted so went to bed early. That about sums up our awesome weekend.

I was kindly reminded by my husband that today is our 6 month anniversary. He is so romantic and remembers everything that I forget! Time flies when you are having fun. It seems like yesterday!

2 comments:

Charity said...

You both look great in your picture from the ball!

We're going to a Lions game when they come to Indianapolis to play the Colts. We can't decide who to cheer for, but we're quite certain we know who'll win! :)

Charity said...

BTW...Happy Veteran's Day (tomorrow) and thank you for your service to our country!